The new Honda City Hatchback e:HEV is a hybrid hatchback model in the city car segment, powered by Honda’s “Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD)” system. It features two electric motors – a motor generator and a drive motor, plus a 1.5-liter Atkinson Cycle DOHC i-VTEC 4-cylinder, 16-valve engine; an Electrical Continuously Variable Transmission (E-CVT); and a small lithium-ion battery. Honda claims the full hybrid system produces maximum torque of 253 Newton-Meters at 0 to 3,000 rpm, with average fuel consumption of 27 kilometers/liter, and an emission rate of 86 grams/kilometer, while being E20 compatible.
The Honda SENSING intelligent safety technology includes:
• Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
• Road Departure Mitigation System with Lane Departure Warning (RDM with LDW)
• Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
• Auto High-Beam (AHB).
It also comes with Honda LaneWatch, Electric Parking Brake, Automatic Brake Hold, Walk Away Auto Lock, Multi-angle Rearview Camera, and Honda CONNECT.
Exterior design includes the H Mark with a blue frame and an e:HEV emblem on the rear. A sporty look is provided by the RS-style trim, with a Gloss Black front grille and RS emblem, plus a sporty front and rear bumper.
The new model also features new LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), LED Taillights, LED Fog Lights and sporty-design 16-inch Alloy Wheels.
Thanks to a long 2,589mm wheelbase, the interior is spacious and features newly-designed suede leather seats with red strips and 60:40 foldable ULTR Seats. They are adjustable into four modes:
• Utility Mode: two side-folded rear seats for a rear storage area.
• Long Mode: the front and rear seats fold for storage with extra length.
• Tall Mode: the rear seat folds for more vertical storage room.
• Refresh Mode: the front and rear seats fold flat horizontally for the ultimate in comfort when resting.
Other features include an Automatic Air-conditioning System with Rear Ventilation, Dual USB Power Outlets, 7-inch TFT Multi-Information Display, 8-inch Display Audio with Apple CarPlay, Google Maps, SIRI voice command support, Remote Engine Start, and Rear Arm Rest with Cup Holder.