Mitsubishi has given the XPANDER subcompact MPV a facelift as well as comprehensive equipment upgrades all-round.
There are two trim levels for the Thai market: GLS-LTD priced at Bt799,000 and GT priced at Bt895,000.
Sadly the XPANDER still does not come with advanced safety systems like the Toyota Veloz, which is actually slightly cheaper.
Nevertheless there could be enough improvements in other areas that will satisfy Mitsubishi customers.
2022 Mitsubishi XPANDER: Improvement Highlights
1. New Exterior
• Advanced “Dynamic Shield” front face, expressing power and reassurance.
• A horizontal bumper which gives an impression of a low center of gravity with a three-dimensional skid plate.
• A new design 17-inch alloy wheels with a robust and progressive two-tone design.
• T-shaped headlights and taillights.
• Proportions with a high-class feel with extended front and rear overhang.
• Class-leading high ground clearance (220 mm) by raising the vehicle height by 15 millimeters.
2. New Interior
• New horizontal axis design that provides a feeling of spaciousness.
• New design steering wheel with sporty and powerful look, while the grip size and shape are restyled to secure easy and confident grip for the driver.
• Newly-designed seats with heat guard function.
• Quality upgraded interior featuring 2 tones of brown-black with soft pads with synthetic leather and real stitching for the armrest and door trim.
• Further enhanced convenient storage space for greater ease-of-use (redesigned center console with a large-capacity open tray, armrest that can store 600ml plastic bottles, etc.).
• Enhanced comfortability in the rear seats with Type-A and Type-C USB charging outlets on the back of the center console and cup holders on the armrest of the second-row seats.
• Digital Air Conditioning Panel with Max Cool function and Air Conditioning panel for rear passenger.
• Other improvements for better utility and design (9” display audio with Apple CarPlay, Foldable rear passenger seats, etc.).
3. Driving Performance
• An “Eco-dynamic” CVT is newly adopted for the transmission to improve road performance.
o When the accelerator is deeply depressed, a powerful and sharp acceleration is delivered, with a gear shifting feel added to allow the driver to feel the acceleration.
o When the accelerator is lightly depressed, smooth shifting unique to CVT maximizes engine performance while realizing high fuel efficiency and quietness.
• Newly-adopted Electric Parking Brake, enabling a reliable stopping simply by operating a switch.
• Improved suspension (FR: improved rigidity of strut mounting part, RR: expanded cylinder size of shock absorber, while high-performance valves are newly adopted at both the front and rear to provide a smooth and comfortable ride).
Also visit us at: