Toyota has given its Fortuner PPV (Pickup Passenger Vehicle) an update for 2021 as well as launching a sporty GR Sport version to broaden the lineup.
While the standard 2021 Fortuner variants get additional panoramic view monitor and dual-zone automatic air-conditioning, the GR Sport features both exterior and interior upgrades, as well as monotube shock absorbers and four-wheel disc brakes.
Meanwhile, the Fortuner Legender also gets added equipment such as Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitor and the Toyota Safety Sense (Pre-collision system, Lane Departure Alert, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control).
The Fortuner was first introduced in 2005 under Toyota’s IMV project serving as an upmarket derivative of the Hilux 1-ton pickup truck, and more than 380,000 units have been sold up to date.
Dr. Jurachart Jongusuk, Toyota Regional Chief Engineer, said: “We used the feedback gathered from nationwide customers and implemented them in the development process of this new edition.”
The improvements in the Fortuner GR Sport are as follows:
– Glossy black front grille with GR emblem
– Front bumper equipped with glossy black accessories kit
– Door handles in the same color as the car’s body
– New rear spoiler
– 20-inch alloy wheels in special color exclusively for GR Sport edition.
– Sports Red & Black interior design
– Central console decorated with the silver color stripes, upholstered with black artificial leather and red stitching
– Sports upholstery combined with suede, red stitching and GR emblem
– Front AC vent with silver and chromium color stripes
– Black artificial leather door panel with smoke silver color stripes
– Leather steering wheel cover, with red center mark, red thread stitching and the GR emblem
– Leather covered shift knob decorated with silver stripes
– Carbon fiber pattern gearshift console with silver color stripes
– Artificial leather-upholstered glove box with red thread stitching
– Sports accelerator and brake pedals
– Passenger cabin carpet, designed exclusively for GR Sport.
– Smart GR remote control key, exclusively designed for GR Sport models, with smart ignition system
– Double wishbone front suspension and four link rear suspension with coiled springs, stabilizer bar and monotube shock absorbers
– Ventilated disc brakes front and rear with red GR brake caliper
– Toyota Safety Sense: Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
– Blind Spot Monitor
– Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Fortuner GR Sport edition
2.8 GR Sport, 4WD Automatic transmission Bt1,879,000
2.8 Legender, 4WD Automatic transmission Bt1,839,000
2.8 Legender, Automatic transmission Bt1,775,000
2.4 Legender, 4WD Automatic transmission Bt1,636,000
2.4 Legender, Automatic transmission Bt1,566,000
2.4V, 4WD Automatic transmission Bt1,536,000
2.4V, Automatic transmission Bt1,466,000
2.4G, Automatic transmission Bt1,351,000