Chiang Mai – Jakkaphan Pattaratadapong won the opening race of the Vios One Make Race Division 1 competition during the first leg of the Toyota Motorsport 2018 series at the 700-Year Anniversary Sports Complex here on Sunday.
Jakkaphan, driving for the Super Club team, clocked 27:34.970 mins to clinch the winning position of the 20-lap race, followed by Yoshiki Sugiyama from Advics Racing Team CEF, who crossed the finish line in 27:37.254. Jakkaphan’s teammate Peerakarn Ngernmeesri was third at 27:39.389.
In the Corolla Altis One Make Race, Shohei Oda, last year’s Vios Division 1 champion, dominated the event along with Advics Racing team CEF teammate Kentaro Chiba, finishing in the top two positions. Oda, who overtook race leader Chiba just a few laps before the end, clocked 29:12.520 while Chiba finished in 29:14.520. The third place went to Super Club Racing’s Chanincha Panyarungcharoen who registered a time of 29:18.640.
The top two finishers in the Corolla Altis series will be sponsored by Toyota to participate in the Netz Cup in Japan at the end the year.
The series moves to the Chang Circuit in Buriram (June 29-July 1), Bangsaen (July 11-15), Phuket (September 21-23) and back at Chang Circuit again for the final round on October 26-28.
Vios One Make Race Division 1 (20 laps)
1. Jakkaphan Pattaratadapong 27:34.970
2. Yoshiki Sugiyama 27:37.254
3. Peerakarn Ngernmeesri 27:39.389
Vios One Make Race Division 2 (20 laps)
1. Bhuvadol Vejvongsa 28:50.876
2. Ruslee Jeh-Ubong 28:51.591
3. Kevin Kwok 28:52.054
Vios Lady Cup (20 laps)
1. Tanchanok Charoensukhawattana 29:09.947
2. Kamolchanok Boonkram 29:41.322
3. Tippawan Poorayub 29:41.641
Corolla Altis One Make Race (20 laps)
1. Shohei Oda 29:12.520
2. Kentaro Chiba 29:14.520
3. Chanincha Panyarungcharoen 29:18.640
Hilux Revo One Make Race (22 laps)
1. Chinnawit Laochinchart 30:20.419
2. Buntham Komphat 30:24.418
3. Kumpanath Kaewtungmuang 30:40.468