Nissan has decided to offer its iconic GT-R sports car in the Thai market at a price of Bt13.5 million (US$433,080).
The GT-R is made at Nissan’s Tochigi plant in Japan and exclusively sold through Siam Nissan TKF, coming with a 3-year/100,000km warranty.
The GT-R is powered by a hand-built 3.8-litre twin-turbo V6 engine capable of producing 555 hp at 6,800 rpm and 632 Nm of torque, and mated to a quick-shifting 6-speed DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission). Gearshift takes just 0.15 seconds when driven in R-mode, with power being delivered to all four wheels.
Nissan claims 0-100km/h acceleration in 3.3 seconds and a top speed of 315km/h.
Key features of the 2018 Nissan GT-R Premium Edition
- New design Rays 20-inch super-lightweight forged-alloy wheels
- New ‘V-motion” grille for improved aerodynamics
- New hood for enhanced aerodynamic
- New Carbon SMC front diffuser and carbon composite rear diffuser for improved aerodynamics
- New rear bodywork for enhanced airflow
- New redesigned dashboard with instrument panel wrapped in hand-stitched fine leather
- New Display Command control on the carbon fiber center console
- New steering wheel with more ergonomically located shift paddles
- New 8.0-inch central multi-function display touch panel
According to Nissan, the 2018 GT-R gets a new titanium exhaust with open value system that develops a richer, more exciting sound. Meanwhile, the transmission shift-management control of the sequential DCT has been updated for better refinement and performance in a variety of driving situations.
Under the body is a front double wishbone setup in front and multi-link at the rear. The Bilstein DampTronic driver-adjustable shock-absorber system features three selectable driver settings: Normal, Comfort and R. The GT-R runs on Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT ultra-high performance run-flat nitrogen-filled tires that Nissan says are designed to match the suspension characteristics. Standard tire sizes are 255/40 ZR F20 front and 285/35 ZR F20 rear.
Stopping power comes from Brembo monoblock six-piston front, and four-piston rear calipers with 390 mm front and 380 mm rear Brembo full-floating, cross-drilled two-piece discs, and low-steel, high-stiffness brake pads that minimize fade and provide intense stopping performance.